The Marche is a small region which lies in Central Italy, along with its neighbors, Tuscany and Umbria.
It is a hospitable land, pleasant, quiet and unassuming where you’ll find great riches in terms of excellent food and wine products, charming landscapes and an abundance of art and history.
Your journey will take you through gentle hills that tumble down from the Central Apennines to the Adriatic Sea.
It will be unusual, “authentic”, and it will take you away from the usual routes followed by mass tourism, to offer you something different. We aim to satisfy the needs and interests of those who would like to come and visit us.
An itinerary that we can build together!
The programs we have proposed are for three full days and are designed for small groups
(preferably 10/15 people).
Changes can be made if there are special needs.
Let us know your preferences by indicating:
- the activities you would prefer among those proposed
- the length of the trip (from 3 to 5 days) and the mode of travel
- the expected number of participants
Do you have a passion for wine and food? Do you like to cook?
Here are some ideas for possible activities:
- Two mornings spent working in the kitchen preparing typical dishes, followed by tasting what was made at lunch;
- One afternoon touring some Verdicchio wineries;
- One afternoon touring some Rosso Conero wineries:
- One day spent visiting the Frasassi Caves, followed by a truffle hunt with truffle dogs in Acqualagna, ending with truffle tasting and dinner;
- One dinner in a restaurant serving dishes made with typical Marche products of the land, paired with top quality wines (the winegrowers will also be invited);
- One dinner in a restaurant featuring fish and seafood (period from May to October, in Portonovo, to taste the local specialty: “mòscioli” mussels)
** All participants will be given a copy of the recipes.
Are you interested in Art History?
Here is an itinerary we’d like to propose:
- One day visiting Urbino, the Castle Fortress of Gradara, the Museum of Pergola with its Gilded Bronzes;
- One day visiting Fabriano (Paper and Watermark Museum) and Jesi (Piazza Federico II (the square dedicated to the Emperor) and the Civic Art Gallery (with works by Lorenzo Lotto and rococo stucco gallery);
- One day visiting Recanati (Giacomo Leopardi) and the city of Ancona (the Duomo and the ‘Passetto’ area) plus some hours left free for shopping;
- Lunches and dinners will highlight the typical products and dishes of the Marche, both fish- and meat-based (vincisgrassi, passatelli, stoccafisso all’anconetana, coniglio in porchetta, formaggio di fossa, olive all’ascolana, salame di Fabriano, lonzino di fico e sapa, vino di visciola…), accompanied by select wines.
Are you a nature lover and do you enjoy trekking?
Here are some suggestions you might like:
- From the Hermitage in Fonte Avellana to Mount Catria (1,701m.) Difference in altitude: 950 m, time required: 3 hrs. going up, 2 ½ hrs. coming down. Visit the Hermitage where Dante used to go;
- Frasassi Park: from San Vittore to Pierosara, called the “Gradoni Path” Difference in altitude: 400 m, time required: 2 hrs. Visit the amazing Frasassi Caves;
- The promontory of Mount Conero: the ring trail of the Conero, from Poggio to Pian Grande, Belvedere Nord and Belvedere Sud (North and South Outlooks) Difference in altitude: 400 m, time required: 3 hrs. Visit to Portonovo (north side of the promontory) and to Sirolo (south side);
- Dinners will highlight the typical dishes of the various places visited, accompanied by select wines.
LE GROTTE Hotel, Restaurant.
SpaThe lush colors of the Gola della Rossa and Frasassi Park create the setting and fitting backdrop for the resort LE GROTTE Hotel, Restaurant, Spa. , a meeting point where thirty years of food and wine tradition, four-star hospitality and a new spa come together.
Wellness starts at the table with classic Marche-style dishes prepared from wholesome ingredients; the well-appointed rooms offer restful comfort, while relaxation awaits guests in the wellness center and entertainment area.
In 2012, the hotel was awarded the European Ecolabel Certification for the environment and it also earned the Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor.
The immediate vicinity and surrounding area offers visitors the marvelous Frasassi Caves, the city of Fabriano, known for its paper works, as well as magnificent towns of cultural interest and food and wine traditions, such as Jesi and Matelica.
Località Pontebovesecco, 14 Genga (An)